Mission 3 - Production

Everything was set! All the equipment required to record and make the magic happen, our beloved actor Sean who kindly decide to do the roll of presenting on stage and our beautiful green screen which was taped to the back wall of a random college classroom. Before I go any further it would problem be best that I explain what idea we came up with in the end. So as you know from the previous blog my group was hopeless at coming up with an idea and sadly we were starting to leave it late, other module work was colliding with this project and it was hard to get all of us in for the recording or even planning of the video but never the less we managed to get all of our crap together and actually do some work. We began on planning on what we knew we wanted so as I will check off the list here…

  •         Needs to be funny and original (parody)
  •         Has some form of video editing technique that other groups won’t have (greenscreen)
  •        Presented somewhere maybe outside or on a stage.
  •           Fun to make and enjoyable to watch.
With out these 4 points in the project we couldn’t see it working out and so with these ideas no in our head we started to think of more bulky ideas. One very good idea was if we did mapping dangerous places on the earth like underwater or beside a volcano and using the green screen I could teleport Sean around the globe to different locations which would recurring a lot of work and as a result would most likely not get finished in time for the project being due.


The other option was that we did like a Ted Talk where Sean would map out history to an audience of people and explain how everything is related in some messed up funny way. This was the project we went with in the end based on the time we had to do it in and what we thought we could make. We needed to come up with a script and fast so Sean decide to take some form of acid and come up with some crazy made up parody where we listed a bunch of events to each other even if they had nothing to do with each other (History). Using my greenscreen, we placed it on the back wall and on the ground in which Sean would stand on, this resulted in a beautiful crisp video of Sean talking through his points on history from 1916 till this day (Brexit).

I was quite pleased with what we had recorded but I knew deep down id have to do some serious editing if we were to get any marks at all and so I began to think of stupid ideas of which I could use the green screen again and that’s when it hit me… Why don’t I just make an audience of me! I mean its perfect what else would you want to see but just 12 random Gavin’s sitting together in an almost empty theatre.

0 comments