Mission 1 - Process

I wasn’t sure where to start with this mission, Shaun had kindly thrown us straight into the deep end and got us to try and decide on a topic as quick as possible so we could get to working and planning in our groups of three. I spent a solid hour reading up on the wide amount of topics we had to choose from for this mission but at the end I was stuck with deciding on GIF's, Audio or Gaming as these three really stood out to me and I also had a somewhat notion and interest in what I would be doing in these topics. As I asked around, I noticed that a lot of people were picking these topics and as much as I did not want to copy them, I really felt these topics would be my strong point.


I began by looking for a group in gaming but sadly only found another group of three who were set to go so I went with asking people about GIF’s and to my luck I found Keith and David who both seemed to have a somewhat interest in GIF’s. Now that we had a group together everything was finally taking shape; we made a What’s app group and planned where and when we would meet up to do work. The next order of business was to organise what goals we had and what we wanted to make/present In front of the class and then also what work each of us was going to put in and where we could help each other out in some cases.

Beginning with the goals I suggested we should aim for at least 10 Gifs’ if not more but that we should not limit ourselves and try to enjoy the production process as much as possible. Keith wanted to make sure we had a good schedule for meeting up and working together every week so we discussed it and decided it would be best to try and meet up twice a week in the digital media mac labs that are free. I thought this was a respectable amount of time to work on our projects as we would also be putting time in at home and while in class.


I also suggested we make a list of programs and websites for each other that we knew would come in handy for our work and research along the way, I wrote down a few GIF making websites such as Giphy and Gimp, and also suggested a good gif time line to use while talking about the history of gifs, Keith suggested a interesting way of making a looping gif that we could try present In front of the class and David began working on research and the history of gifs right away. If away thing it seemed that we already had things very much under control, everyone knew what they were doing and most importantly we all seemed very keen on making this a good project as personally theirs nothing worse than not making a good impression on your first assignment for a module.

0 comments