Mission 1 - Production

Two weeks have passed since my last blog post and from what I can say is a lot of work has been done since, Where to even begin I guess ill focus on what work the other two Keith and David have done first then we can talk about my progress. So for last two weeks David has been collecting research on the history of GIF’s and putting together his work into a sort of timeline to present in his section of the PowerPoint while Keith has been drinking a lot of coffee but also managing to get some work done too. He always made sure we were all on schedule and knew what the hell we all were doing and that we didn’t overlap anywhere which happened anyways on several occasions especially when talking about the history and timeline part.



While we were still meeting up twice a week, I was having a wonderful time at home learning all about making gifs and the beautiful horrors I could try to make with the skills I learned. Before I go showing you my gifs though I should probably tell you some of the things I learn and some tools I used along the way. I started out with learning some of the issues around gifs and tried to focus on the advantages and disadvantages of gifs, their constraints or weaknesses anything that could come across as a fun fact that people would remember when using gifs.

I really wanted my presentation to come across as clear and easy to understand I wanted the listener to listen to me and not be glaring at the computer screen trying to read for themselves. I knew while doing this though would mean I would really have to learn off my work and make sure I know what I’m talking about as I wouldn’t have any information on the board and mostly just topic points/bullet points. It needed to look attractive as well, I’ve seen lectures in college and outside of college where teachers would show their work by an image or a video on a slide and with no text around it which I saw as a nice feature to try use in my work.

Finally came the gifs, oh the beautiful gifs, I was quite pleased with how they turned out and to my surprise… they were somewhat good and entertaining which was a blessing. I ended up using Giphy to make my gifs as it was free and came with a huge directory for finding and using assets in your gifs. As the whole project was to focus on exploring a topic I had not done before I wanted to make sure I presented lots of practical work alongside my knowledge that I leant over the past two weeks.


The famous and horrifying gif of Carly from the hit Disney show ICarly which I edited a photo of her to make her have a demonic smile and then thought why not just loop it and give it a disgusting effect like a horror show. Here is two other gifs I made while working on this project.

0 comments