Mission 2 - Reflection

And once again… I nailed it; what can I say I just seem to have some gift when it comes to this stuff. No but in a serious note I actually don’t understand how or why my work seems to be coming out so much better than how it was in secondary school, I have a feeling its because I actually enjoy the work I make here in college and how it’s something I can see my self doing in the future. Overall though my presentation went smooth and perfect I again couldn’t and wouldn’t change anything I mean the reaction to my template on my PowerPoint was exactly what I expected, and everyone seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. Its strange, the feeling of presenting and actually semi controlling the crowd like telling people what is what and where to look next I quite enjoyed it.


I learnt a lot more from this project than the last one on gifs, all the different forms of Augmented reality and Virtual reality, the mad history of augmented reality and even the potential future of the technology being used in things like schools or hospitals or the practical elements that I investigated my self in relation to PokĂ©mon go and the quiver app. Really I’ve gained a way bigger interest into the topic now that I had before hand and I guess that is kind of the point of these mission to expand are range of media forms and the tools we learn to explore them which are provided by Shaun.


Speaking of Shaun I was very surprised and terrified when I saw him contacting me asking if I would present my project Infront of the whole course… as you can imagine I jumped at the opportunity and said yes… no I didn’t I strongly did not want to present I am defiantly not ready to do that yet. Luckily Shaun was understanding and showed off the PowerPoint himself, but I was still crazy nervous. In the end of it all I think these missions are really good experiences for me as in secondary school I would never ever present because I was too nervous about my dyslexia getting in the way but with college being a new start I want to give it my all in my work and my attitude.

Personally, for the next project I’m going to try and get into a group with my close new college friends as even though I think it restraints what I can create it’s a good learning curve to get behind and I need to resolve it now while in college and not off working and run into issues then. Hopefully the topics for the next mission are good as I believe we have to make a video in the next mission and I cant wait to mess around with that, I already have big plans that ill most likely leave to the last minute but it all works out in the end doesn’t it.

0 comments