Mission 3 - Process

Finally mission three! The video project I’ve been so excited to start and been planning for weeks in advance. I decided id work with two of my friends from college and not two people from my class group because I wanted to organise meeting up a lot more often and it would just be easier to be done with my close friends who I already see on a daily basis. For this mission the topics were not very good in my own opinion, I thought they were not very interesting at all and had no real solid goal for any of them and as a result of that I felt that we should just pick a certain topic that we could mess around with and try come up with something unique and fun, once the other two were on board we began to select our topic and got it down to mapping and networking.


The real issue was picking which topic to focus on and what idea or project we could produce out of it we just couldn’t decide both topics were just to similar and with us losing interest in the topics it was becoming more and more harder to try and organise and meetup to work on the project. We did eventually get around to it and decide on going with mapping which I think in the end was the smartest choice, we needed to organise equipment and who would bring what and what we needed to use in our video like props and camera equipment.


I decided id use my new Canon EOS 250D camera as it can record in 4k and is a brand new 2019 camera. My two friends decided they would look for props and other issue like a room in college where we could record and have the time to maybe edit. One major thing that we did go out of our way to get for this project was a green screen. Now before I had even started the mission, I knew I wanted to mess around with a greenscreen because I’ve personally never experienced it and I thought of no better way for me to learn about it then using it in this project. So I spent a day in blanch looking in shops and finally got a huge section of neon green fabric in Home Focus, everything was set in the equipment and recording aspects but we still had no plan of action on what we would be recording or what we would even be using the green screen for.

We needed to come up with an idea fast otherwise we wouldn’t have anything till the last minute and it could end up complete useless and fail the mission completely, but we weren’t ready to quit I was ready to use this green screen and even with all my other projects happening I knew I had to get this over and done with otherwise it will be destroying me and my work over the last week.

0 comments