Mission 1 - Reflection


Thank god that is over with, I don’t think I have ever been so nervous in my life but at the same time been so calm and so goddamn smooth. The presentation was a mess but for my part of the presentation it was a total success and I don’t think I would change much if I could again. Before I start talking about the details of the presentation and my reflection on it ill firstly say I could not sleep or think straight for a solid 2 nights before my presentation I just kept panicking thinking of things I should change or how I should go about presenting it, I practiced maybe 4-6 times in my room alone before I was happy with how I was presenting but still wasn’t happy not until I actually did my presentation did I realise how good of a job I actually did and what goals for the mission I succeeded.


Looking back on the work I did, I feel that out of everyone in the class my work looks the least informative but yet I also feel that I knew a lot more knowledge and could recite a lot more information from my head than what most others could from just reading their own work. I would 100% say that if I was not for me panicking the night before hand and practicing my presentation multiple times in a row I wouldn’t have done as well as I did.
Shaun pointed out at the end of our groups presentation that the way I showed and presented my work was the exact way he wanted us to do these mission that the way I kept my text on the screen short and sweet but while also going into detail about each topic worked very well and he noted how everyone was looking up at the me and the screen the whole time.

Id say if there was something I learned that I didn’t know before had is that as of right now I think I don’t really work that great in groups unless this is just a single case but I feel like I put a lot of pressure on other people in the group because I want my work to be amazing and as a result I end up asking way to much of other people and then force more work on myself to try and achieve it without them. I also learnt that I really do love using stress as a factor in my work by leaving things semi late and then panicking but pumping out good quality work at the end which seems to some how balance out. I think for my next mission I really want to find a group who are also mad passionate to make something amazing and not just pass by and do what the project details tell us to do, I want to do more and learn more. We will just have to wait and see, I guess… 


0 comments