Mission 2 - Process


Before starting out and making a group I needed to brainstorm what topics I found interesting and where I could see myself and others working together. So Shaun gave the class 30mins to quickly brainstorm what ideas and thoughts we had on the topics for the 2nd mission and here is my brainstorm…

Memes:
Looks like a fun topic to focus on and most likely the one I know the most about, but also mostly to be done by almost everyone else as it seems too easy.

Wikipedia:
Looks interesting, would like to look at the background work of Wikipedia, the group editing session sounds fun and interesting to setup with other students in the course.

Augmented Reality:
I’ve never worked with augmented reality before could be a fun new experience, looks to have enough depth to it and has plenty of practical work which I love.

Blogging:
No real interest here (can’t see it working well in a group) and my dyslexic grammar would make this project hell to present.

Activism and Agency:
Looks interesting but has little work involved/ no real practical work involved.

Personal Data Tracking:
Could be fun if done right, would be interesting to learn about the topic but I would suspect lack of interest from other students.

Internet of Things:
Doesn’t have enough to work with in my opinion and is way to broad of a subject matter.

Youtubing:
Could be fun... if done right with the right people but also looks challenging to pull off and with the fact that everyone could be doing it, it most likely will get boring.

Digital Privacy:
Not much depth, little bit of interest, not much practical work.

Working for the Web:
No interest here, seems a little boring.

Selfies:
No No No 

As I finished my brainstorm I came to the conclusion that the 3 topics that I found the most interesting and ones I could put in enough work were Augmented Reality, Memes and Wikipedia but as I soon would realise not many people were feeling the same way I was. I was pretty obvious from the start what most people would pick as I even guessed it in my brainstorm, a lot of people went for youtubing and the same happened for memes, because they were the easiest ones. I though wanted a challenge and in no way was I doing those topics so I was left with 2 other students who didn’t pick a topic yet and so I decided if I really put a lot of effort in I could easily make a bomb ass presentation and completely 100% this mission.


And so I had my heart set on Augmented reality, something I never did before, something I found interesting and excited to learn about, the rich history of Augmented reality and Virtual reality, games which use AR and even trying to program or create something using Augmented reality on my computer at home.
Things looked bright for this mission and I was eager to get a start on my work to come.

0 comments